Damage Resistance (DR) is a derived statistic in the SPECIAL character system that reduces damage done to a critter.
Any damage taken is reduced by this percentage, which means that if you wear an armor with 20 DR (like the Leather Jacket) the damage taken will be reduced by 20%. Your Damage Resistance is currently only affected by some perks, armors, and drugs.
Damage Resistance has a maximum of 90% and is a percentage, unlike DT, which reduces a certain amount of damage before the Damage Resistance.
- Adrenaline Rush - Note: Adrenaline Rush increases DR and DT against Normal, Laser, Fire, Plasma, Explode, Electrical type of damage.
- Toughness - adds 5% to DR and +2 to DT but only against Normal damage.
- Even Tougher - adds 10% to DR and +3 to DT but only against Normal damage.
- Armors - list that contains their DR and DT number.
- Drugs - only Psycho, Jet, and Beer affects your Damage Resistance, but only against Normal damage.
- Ammo - some types of ammunition modify DR to targets.