|Modifies||Chance to avoid encounters. Speed on world map.|
|Initial level||5% + (1% * (Intelligence + Endurance)/2)|
|Related perks||Gecko Skinning, Explorer, Ranger, Scout, Pathfinder, Cautious Nature.|
"Practical knowledge of the outdoors, and the ability to live off the land. The knowledge of plants and animals."
Your Outdoorsman skill modifies the chance you have to notice an encounter. Regardless of the skill's %, your chance cannot be higher than 95%.
When you notice an encounter, you will receive xp based on your Outdoorsman skill, the type of terrain you are on, and the difficulty of the encounter.
Thus the group leader will be given an option to enter or avoid some Random Encounters.
Note: Maximum Outdoorsman skill is 175. You can attempt to make it higher but it will go back to 175 and give you your points back.
Chance that you will notice an encounter is based on:
- Terrain type (easy/hard).
- Highest Outdoorsman skill in group. (The person/critter will warn the group leader.)
- Difficulty of the encounter.
Traveling speed on the world map is affected by:
- You always travel faster on flat sections of land and slower over hilly or mountainous sections.
- Pathfinder support perk will increase the speed on the World Map by 25%
- Explorer support perk will ignore the speed penalties for terrain on the World Map
- Outdoorsman skill also increases the traveling speed by a small amount.
- Group leader's Outdoorsman skill and perks are used to determine traveling speed.