|Modifies||Chance to repair damaged or broken items.|
|Initial level||3% x Intelligence|
|Related perks||Mr. Fixit|
"The practical application of the Science skill for fixing broken equipment, machinery and electronics."
The repair skill allows you to fix damaged weapons and armor. See deterioration for more information about damaged things. It is also a requirement for some professions. Vehicles must be repaired regularly, too.
Luck is of no effect when it comes to repairing something.
Note: Maximum repair skill is 200. You can attempt to make it higher but it will go back to 200 and give you your points back.
- Doesn't require another item to repair
- 200% is max Repair, which is 95% chance for successful repair
- Failed maintenance only decreases max condition (as above)
- 5% chance to break your tools
- No cooldown
- Successful maintenance will repair an item to max condition, at the same time it will probably decrease overall max condition by:
- There is a chance that max condition will not be decreased if you use tools:
- You can find Oil Cans, a rare single-use repair tool that repairs an item perfectly without max condition loss. These are mostly used on rarer items since they are one-use only.