|One cap, the wasteland's currency in its smallest denomiantion.|
|Primary use||Buying Vehicles|
Buying Skill Books
Bartering with Merchants
|Alternative uses||Player trading|
Buying Implants when available
Bottle caps are a currency in FOnline 3. This is a currency used widely in the wasteland. It has a weight of 0 grams, which means you can carry an infinite amount with you.
Bottle caps were turned into money in Hub, and that's why caps are sometimes called hubbucks. The reason why they were chosen as official wasteland money is that the technology needed to manufacture bottle caps and paint them has been lost during the Great War, which limits the number of bottle caps that would appear in the world. That limited number also assures their value is preserved.
How to Earn Caps
You can earn caps in many ways, and here are some examples:
- NPCs give you caps for completing certain Quests.
- You can shovel shit to be rewarded both xp and caps.
- You can Lift caravan boxes for caps and xp
- A successful Town Control will grant you a lot of caps.
- Usually, human NPCs in encounters have a small amount of caps on them.
- Trade with NPC merchants, selling items and getting their caps.
- Trade with other players, selling them some of your items for some caps.
- Maida Buckner will buy gecko pelts in Klamath at the Buckner Bar.
- Slavery is also a popular way to earn caps.
- Spears can be sold in Junktown to Sassy Givins.
- Junk can be sold to Trisha at Salvagers in the Boneyard.
- Caps can be found in various amounts in footlockers, usually while hunting for blueprints.
- Bets are won during PvP fist-fighting in the Junktown Boxing Ring.