The reputation replaces the usual Fallout 2 karma. It reflects all the choices you make during the game with your character. Each reputation belongs to a community, which means there is no "global" reputation but only specific ones; for example joining the slavers will increase your Den's reputation but decrease the Brotherhood of Steel's one.
To check your reputation just go in your character open and check the Karma tab.
These actions can influence your reputation, increasing it for some factions and decreasing it for others.
- Hurting or killing critters (See below). It won't raise your reputation above 200.
- Joining an NPC-driven faction (NPC-Driven : Vault City citizen, Navarro, Raiders...).
- Leaving an NPC-driven faction (NPC-Driven : Vault City citizen, Navarro, Raiders...).
- Selling items at traders.
- Becoming a slaver, (not a permanent reputation affect).
- Waiting. If your reputation with a faction is below -200, you gain +10 in this reputation each in game day (But it won't go above -200 that way). If your reputation with a faction is above 200, you lose 10 in this reputation each in game day (But it won't go below 200 that way).
Reseting the Reputation
If your reputation in a town or a faction reaches a certain amount - positive or negative - it will affect the actions of the community towards you.
|1500 to ∞||Idolized||If you have exactly 1500 you have the same privilege as with "liked" status.|
If you have more than 1500 You can shoot people in a guarded town without being shot by guards, if your target's reputation is inferior to 901.
(Liked and idolized people will still be protected by guards.)
|901 to 1499||Liked||You are protected by guards if an idolized person is trying to kill you.|
|301 to 900||Accepted||No effect.|
|-300 to 300||Neutral||No effect : Neither liked nor hated.|
|-301 to -900||Antipathy||Caravans and patrols of the faction will attack you in their random encounters.|
|-901 to -1500||Hated||Caravans and patrols of the faction will attack you in their random encounters.|
|-1501 to -∞||Vilified||Shot on sight by town guards (if any), and members of the faction. Caravans and patrols of the faction will attack you in their random encounters.|
Killing a critter (in a random encounter, mostly) will affect your reputation, but it won't raise it above 0.
Each shot on a guard in a guarded town will decrease your reputation in that town by 250.
|Boneyard||Gecko||Hub||Junktown||Klamath||Modoc||NCR||Necropolis||Redding||Citizens of Vault City|
|Broken Hills Ghouls||Broken Hills Humans||Broken Hills Mutants||Bishop Family||Enclave||Hub Criminals||Mordino Family||Raiders||Salvatores Family||Slags||Wright Family|
Official organizations reputations
|Crimson Caravans||Far Go Traders||Friendly Lending Company||Gunrunners||NCR Rangers||Slaver's Guild||The Enclave||Unity||Water Merchants|
Killing the following critters won't affect your reputation: