Just like in the original Fallout game, The Hub is a major city. In Fonline 3, several traders, banking services and quests are turning this town into a valuable alternative to the huge Shady Sands, the capital of the New California Republic which also includes Hub. Due to Hub's close proximity to new characters' starting location, Hub often has a lot of player traffic. It has NPC merchants for bartering goods. It is a guarded town and PvP is disabled, so it is the place where a lot of players gather.
The Hub was originally created by a man named Angus, that later became the first governor of that growing city. Thanks to Harold's caravans, The Hub started to grow and attract a lot of citizens. Later came a war with the water merchants, that were demanding a toll for anyone wanting water in the city. After an agreement, the Hub's council was made, and the town became ruled by several policemen. It is a lawful town that will later be a part of the New California Republic - after the year 2238. The Hub also hosted the impressive "Hub Roleplay Project".
Despite a huge police force sometimes assisted by NCR backup, The Hub is unknowingly hosting the Thieves Guild, a faction that was once led by RP players. The Hub Underground, that seeks to control the Hub and its massive trading profits, is hosted in a basement under the Maltese Falcon bar, but seems quite peaceful or in hiding. (The Steal skill has been disabled in Hub.)
The Hub's Police
The Hub's police leader is Sheriff Hayden. Captain Joe Kelly is assigned to the north beat in Hub. Deputy Feral is a man commonly known to patrol in The Hub in person. He suspects the Maltese Falcon to host the Hub Underground, but isn't able to do something by himself. He is on very good terms with Sheriff Dumont at Shady Sands. Deputy Feral is leading a Militia-style police force which is mostly made up of normal citizens who have only light training. They are tough though, and make up for their lack of training with good weapons and armors.
- The shit shoveling is enabled in Hub, since there are some brahmin pens near the main entrance. A beginner or a low-level player may earn his first caps and xp here. You can also be hired there, to lift caravan boxes.
- The Hub also contains some quests.
- You can trade with several merchants or buy caravans. The goods range from
Skill books to guns, ammo and good armor.
- You can rent Hotel Rooms at the Maltese Falcon, which is sometimes full of drinkers that will role-play from time to time.
- The FLC banking service, located in at the market place.
- You can fight unarmed with other players inside the Hub arena. To enter it you need to talk with arena manager inside Maltese Falcon. (Disabled until further notice.)
- Earn 5 xp and advice for giving a piece of Fruit to Shren, the hungry young boy near the entrance. (Repeatable)
- There is an active workbench in the east side of oldtown.
- You can join to Caravan as a guard.
- Entrance (main gate, north)
- The Heights
- Water Merchants
- Bring a shovel to Dan (Miniquest)
- Far Go Scout (Starting location quest)
- Iguana Pete's Missing Son
- Investigate for the Sad Wife
- The Gun Runner Delivery
- The Wasteland Band
- Water Merchant Contracts
- Fuzzy Painting for Risto
The Hub is located at Grid 31:40 (central southern area).